Engine and gearbox: THP160Equipment
- ABS, ESP, EBD, EBA, ASR and Hill start assist
- Cruise control with speed limiter
- Blind spots monitoring system
- Tyre pressure sensors
- Driver & front passenger front, side and curtain airbags (including row 2)
- Front and rear parking sensors with reversing camera
- Automatic electronic parking brake
- Space saver spare wheel
Lighting & visibility:
- DS LED Vision – Xenon headlights
- LED Day Running Lights
- LED scrolling indicators
- Guide me home headlight function
- Front fog lamps with cornering function
- Headlamp washers
- Automatic lights and windscreen wipers
- Electrically adjustable, folding heated door mirrors
- Auto-dimming electrochrome rear view mirror
- Interior mood lighting
- 18″ diamond-cut alloy wheels
- Chrome side moldings
- Front-end chrome sabers
- Twin chrome-effect exhaust trims
- Dark tinted rear windows
- Black grained leather
- Electrically adjustable heated front seats
- Height adjustable front seats
- Keyless entry and start
- Front and rear carpet mats
- Leather steering wheel with mounted controls
- Chrome Lennox Titanium film interior decor
- Metallic front and rear door sill protectors
- Front and rear electric windows with “one touch” operation
- 7″ color touchscreen with CD MP3 audio system + hands-free Bluetooth + USB socket
- Analog clock
- Head Up Display in color
- Steering wheel adjustable in height and depth
- Variable assistance power steering
- Front armrest with storage
- Rear central arm rest with ski flap
- Split folding rear seats
- Automatic two-zone air conditioning with rear vents
- Multi-function on-board trip computer
- Cockpit roof
- Three-part panoramic roof with individual electric sunblinds
- Front and rear metal doors sill protector
- Electronic fuel filler flap release
Avant-garde design : Its new sculpted and sophisticated ‘DS Wings’ grille offers an assertive styling while delivering fully new driving sensations.
A new, magnetic look: Its new headlights “DS LED VISION “combine LED and Xenon technologies with – scrolling indicators – signals unique on the market- and LED fog lamps with static intersection lighting. Its signature lighting offers top performance plus modern styling.
Haute-couture: Inside are authentic materials, exclusive craftsmanship and elegance in every detail. Three qualities of leather are available, including semi-aniline leather, the most luxurious in the automotive industry. The watch bracelet design of the seats is found in no other car in the world; metal and aluminium trim echo the DS trademark; an analogue clock is yet another appealing feature.
A cabin inspired by the world of aerospace design: The cockpit roof, the colour head-up display, thumb wheels and aviation-type toggle switches mounted on large, high and low central consoles are features to stir everyone’s imagination.
The high performance THP 160 engine has been nominated Engine of the Year 8 times in a row. Developed in cooperation with BMW Group with high pressure injection technology, this engine delivers 160 HP at 6000 rpm. Maximum torque of 240 Nm is available from 1400 rpm and remains constant to 4000 rpm, for remarkable driveability at both low and high revs
A unique driving experience: The New DS 5 boasts dynamic, responsive behaviour, precise, direct steering, and a perfect blend of comfort and power; equipment that progressively comes to life (push start button ) and a driving position and easy-to-reach controls that are an invitation to travel.
Latest-generation equipment: features enhancing well-being and safety include keyless entry and start, a reversing camera, automatic headlights, blind spot monitoring, and a lane departure warning system.
The New DS 5 continues the high-tech driving experience with a colour touchdrive interface.
This latest-generation screen also includes New Mirror Screen technology. This function lets users mirror smartphone content onto the colour screen, in order use all their apps safely.
Everyday driving pleasure: The New DS 5 delivers it thanks to its exceptional architecture, which combines compact body dimensions (4.53 m) with a roomy interior: five real seats, a spacious boot (468 l VDA) and modular features (tailgate, 1/3 – 2/3 foldable seats) – a unique design that eliminates the usual trade-offs.
Offered by no other manufacturer, the NEW DS 5 is equiped from the Intelligent Traction Control which ensures safe driving on slippery surfaces and helps keep the New DS 5 moving in snow, black ice or rain;
Enjoy an exceptionally smooth and dynamic driving experience thanks to aA full range of state-of-the-art safety systems:
– Suspension that filters out bumps in the road;
– Steering responds gradually and promptly without being overly sensitive;
– Electronic Brakeforce Distribution and Emergency Braking Assistance provide better control during braking;
– ABS and ESP keep the car on course in the trickiest driving situations.
With its 6-speed automatic gearbox developed by AISIN AW, world leading automatic transmission manufacturer, DS 5 provides a very pleasant drivability.
The high performance THP 160 developed in cooperation with BMW Group places the new DS 5 on a par with the best on the market. It delivers a maximum 160 HP at 6000 rpm. Maximum torque of 240 Nm is available from 1,400 rpm and remains constant to 4,000 rpm, for remarkable drivability at both low and high revs.
With its 6-speed automatic gearbox developed by AISIN AW, world leading automatic transmission manufacturer, DS 5 provides a very pleasant drive-ability.
With a maximum injection pressure of 200 bars, this engine delivers a maximum 160 HP at 6000 rpm. Maximum torque of 240 Nm is available from 1,400 rpm and remains constant to 4,000 rpm, for remarkable drive-ability at both low and high revs.
Immediately distinguishable, the New DS 5 has an exceptional exterior and interior design. Expressive from every angle, its aerodynamically sculpted attracts admiring looks wherever it goes and exhausts a dynamic and smooth road handling.
New front grille
On the New DS 5, the front end gains character and prestige. The vertical grille proudly bears the DS Wings — emblem of the DS brand and a nod to the original DS.
Underlining the assertive looks of the front end, the hexagonal DS Wings grille gains a sculpted, graphic design that is truly unique. A chrome surround further enhances the elegant looks of the grille, which is extended by two wings of light inside the headlamps.
The New DS 5 features the brand’s new light signature with headlamps combining LED and Xenon technologies with scrolling indicators – signals unique on the market- , and LED fog lamps with static intersection lighting.
Designed to resemble stones in their setting, these headlamps are key features in the identity of the front face. Meeting high standards in lighting quality, they also — and above all — illustrate the refinement and attention to detail of DS.
The rear view further underlines the status of the New DS 5 with its wide tracks and twin tailpipe integrated with the rear bumper. The rear view is further enhanced by a signature comprising six light guides.
The interior of the New DS 5 brings to mind the world of aerospace design. The most symbolic feature is the cockpit roof. With its three light wells, the roof creates a unique ambience tailored to individual requirements, by day and by night.
The driving position was designed around the driver. The main controls are grouped on two central consoles, one low and one overhead, with specially designed buttons, dials and toggle switches, inspired by the aerospace industry.
A touchdrive interface for a simplified ergonomic design
The intuitive design of the new 7″ touchscreen makes it simple to use.
This new screen has allowed the fascia and central console to be streamlined and simplified, creating more storage space for greater convenience in everyday use.
The New DS 5 is one of the few cars offering a choice of 3 qualities of leather in eight combinations:
– grained leather, full-grained Nappa leather, and semi-aniline leather, one of the most beautiful qualities available and one rarely used in the automotive world other than by a few luxury car manufacturers.
Thus seen for the first time:
– New decoration for the doors and central console, with the DS monogram as the pattern motif, the logo newly displayed, and care given to every detail of the car;
– New upholstery, with Semi Aniline leather finished with the watchstrap design unique in the automotive world and found exclusively in the DS range.
The high-quality materials used in the New DS 5 add to its distinctiveness and make it an ambassador for the Brand’s craftsmanship :
– Aluminium on the door grips, decorated consoles, metal on the gear lever knob and interior door handles;
– Supple foamed material agreeable to the touch on the dashboard;
– Sound-proofing and noise absorption have been dealt with in every detail so that sounds are soft and muted.
Blind spot monitoring
The New DS 5 has the blind spot monitoring system ( Optional ) , a state-of-the-art safety feature providing increased visibility. A symbol lights up in one of the door mirrors to warn the driver that a car or motorcycle is present in the blind spot.
Lane departure warning video
The second-generation lane departure warning system in the New DS 5 is more sensitive. If the car crosses the road line, the driver feels a warning vibration in his seat.
Intelligent Traction Control
By improving the grip of the tyres and reducing wheelspin, this system combined with ESC helps to get started on slippery surfaces, regardless of the type of road or engine.
Static intersection lighting
When cornering at low speeds (up to 40 km/h), the fog lights with static cornering lighting project an extra beam of light on the inside of the corner or intersection.
Low tyre pressure detector
The tyre pressure monitoring system checks tyre pressure continually during driving to detect any under-inflation that could adversely impact the stability of the vehicle and the safety of the driver and passengers.
Hand-free access and starting
The keyless access and start system on the New DS 5 recognises the driver as he approaches the car. Touch a door handle and the door opens, then simply push the start button to start the engine.
Smart beam function
With the mini camera built into the windscreen, the headlights on the New DS 5 are switched on and off automatically according to the light and driving conditions.
The reversing camera sends a colour image to the new 7″ touchscreen. The driver can then use coloured visual guides to back up safely.
A technology that increases safety by improving visibility and convenience.
A very innovative – and very impressive – technology borrowed from fighter planes, the Head-up Display allows the driver to keep his eyes on the road at all times by projecting essential driving information on a panel in his direct line of vision.
The colour Head-up Display panel, the three digital dials, and the needle in the control cluster all light up when the “start” button is pushed… Fascinating!